The primary purpose of this position is supporting activities for our power provider client. The majority of the work is outdoors completing distribution construction. The position requires New Mexico EL01J license. Kelly Cable of N.M. LLC is a utility construction company with 30 years of stable work history in Albuquerque. Enjoy working in a diverse workforce, locally with excellent benefits including: health, vision, and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, life insurance and 401k.
• Run conduit, wire and terminate devices, perform quality control testing and troubleshooting.
• Working knowledge of installing electrical distribution systems in an outdoor construction setting.
• Troubleshoot electrical problems and perform emergency repairs as needed.
• Completion of power related activities in accordance with company, client and NEC guidelines.
• Timely and accurate completion of all paperwork required by the company and client.
• Diagnoses malfunctioning equipment and systems using test equipment.
• Assembles, installs, replaces, and troubleshoots items such as conduit and fittings, junction boxes, raceways, conductors, distribution, generation, and equipment component.
• Responsible for efficient and proper use of all tools, materials, and equipment.
• Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, schedules, and scopes of work.
• Assist Foremen with monitoring safety and productivity of crewmembers.
• Assist with conducting safety briefings with crew and completing required paperwork.
• Compliance with OSHA requirements as well as company-specific standards.
• This position involves manual labor such as shoveling, digging trenches, setting poles and back filling, tamping with equipment, etc.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience performing electrical work.
• Outdoor construction experience strongly preferred
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• New Mexico EL01J License required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES:
• Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
• Able to follow and provide written and oral job plans and instructions
• Ability to professionally communicate with clients and staff
• Must be safety focused
• Able to anticipate needs and proactively offer solutions
• Able to make sound decisions and work independently
• Able to make decisions in an emergent situation
• Able to lift 50 lbs., stand, kneel, bend, walk, twist, work with hand tools, power tools and operate small machinery, construction equipment and vehicles on a daily basis.
• Ability to pass random and pre-employment drug screening.
• Ability to pass a motor vehicle and a criminal background check required.